Maureen Kroll Attorney at Law
Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2003-2004.
Maureen S. Kroll has been named Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2003-2004 in the Westmoreland Bar Foundation Pro Bono Program.
In the last year, Maureen has donated an estimated 250 hours of free legal assistance through the Westmoreland Bar Foundation Pro Bono Program. To qualify, nominees must provide free legal assistance, contributing a significant portion of time to providing legal services to the poor without charge.
As a lifelong resident of Westmoreland County, Ms. Kroll takes special pride in serving the community. She is a sole practitioner with three offices located in the county. As a former nurse educator, Maureen Kroll understands the importance of providing clear and concise information. According to Ms. Kroll, “an informed choice is a good choice.”
Over the years, Ms. Kroll has contributed significantly to the Pro Bono Program. She has participated in the volunteer Attorney-For-A-Day Program since its inception in 1991. She also provides free consultations to approximately 60 clients a year to those seeking custody through the Westmoreland Bar Foundation’s Custody Program. Within the last year, she has participated in the Westmoreland Bar Foundation’s newly constructed Bankruptcy Program/Clinic.
The clinic allows indigent county residents an opportunity to meet with a private attorney and have a petition filed on their behalf.
While her primary Pro Bono contributions have been in the area of Family and Bankruptcy Law, Maureen Kroll’s areas of practice also include Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Social Security Disability, and Wills and Estates.
Maureen Kroll participates in the following associations and professional organizations:
- Pennsylvania Bar Accusation – member
- Westmoreland Bar Association – member
- Florida Bar Association – member
- Norwin Industrial Development Corporation – Board of Directors
- For a 12 year period, Ms. Kroll has held various positions in the American Cancer Society.
- C.H.A.T. (Community Health Awareness Team) – Founder
- Westmoreland County Community College – Part Time Instructor
- Participant of the Paralegal Internship Program at the Westmoreland County Community College for the past five years.
- Liaison for various programs at the Westmoreland County Community College, including the Lifelong Learning Center and Lay Advisory Committee.
To learn more about Maureen Kroll’s legal practice, visit her website.
InWestmoreland Congratulates Maureen Kroll on being named Pro Bono Attorney of the Year.
For more information regarding Maureen Kroll, Attorney at Law, call her office at 724-863-6770
or visit her website.
For more information about the Westmoreland County Bar Association’s Pro Bono program, visit their website
or call 724-834-6730.