Schools and Education
In Westmoreland County, PA
- Belle Vernon Area School District
- Burrell School District
- Derry Area School District
- Franklin Regional School District
- Greater Latrobe School District
- Greensburg Salem School District
- Hempfield Area School District
- Jeannette City School District
- Kiski Area School District
- Ligonier Valley School District
- Monessen City School District
- Mount Pleasant Area School District
- New Kensington-Arnold School District
- Norwin School District
- Penn-Trafford School District
- Southmoreland School District
- Yough School District
Westmoreland Intermediate Unit is a regional educational agency that expands the services of all Westmoreland County Schools including 17 school districts, three Career and Technology Centers (Vo-Tech Schools) and Clairview (School for Special Needs Children).
- Central Westmoreland Career and Technology Center
- Northern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center
- Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center
The Career and Technology Centers to prepare high school students for the career opportunities available to them. Courses include digital media technology, food services, graphic communication, health, welding, auto mechanics, and more. These Centers also provide adult education opportunities.
- Aquinas Academy, Greensburg PA
- Cardinal Maida Academy, Vandergrift, PA
- Christ the Divine Teacher School, Latrobe, PA
- Greensburg Central Catholic High School, Greensburg, PA
- Holy Cross School, Youngwood, PA
- Holy Trinity School, Ligonier, PA
- Mary Queen of Apostles School, New Kensington, PA
- Mother of Sorrows School, Murrysville, PA
- Queen of Angels School, Irwin, PA
- Sacred Heart School, Youngstown, PA
- St. Gertrude School, Vandergrift, PA
- St. John the Baptist School, Scottdale, PA
- St. Sebastian School, Belle Vernon, PA
Facilities of higher education in Westmoreland County, PA include:
- Ranked among the nation’s top small liberal arts colleges, Saint Vincent College offers more than 50 degree programs in the arts and sciences.
- Located near Greensburg, PA, Seton Hill is a small, Catholic, liberal arts university with a 13:1 student-faculty ratio.
- Conveniently located on Route 136, 1.4 miles west of Route 30, Carlow University offers courses in an accelerated format designed for working adults. Undergraduate offerings include Business Management (with a minor in Human Resource Management Technology), Early Childhood Education, and an 18-month RN to BSN Fast-Track Nursing program. Graduate offerings include Professional Leadership (concentration in Training & Development) and a Nurse Practitioner program. The Greensburg location provides all the benefits of a Carlow education close to home!
- The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg has grown to a 219 acre campus with 25 buildings, 20 four-year degree programs, and nearly 1,800 full-time students. The Pitt Greensburg Alumni Association counts over 4,000 graduates.
- Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC) offers 57 associate degree, 11 diploma, and 21 certificate programs with options that prepare students for a career or transfer to baccalaureate degree programs at four-year institutions.
- Penn State New Kensington was founded in 1958 as a result of a study of the local need for higher education in the Alle-Kiski Valley. The campus provides the resources of a major research University within a reasonable commute.
- Other educational opportunities include the Business Careers Institute (724-834-1258)
- The Oakbridge Academy of Arts (formerly the Art Institute of New Kensington) is an art school and a photography school located in Lower Burrell.
- The Douglas Education Center offers degrees in business, medical, art, special effects, and cosmetology.
- Graduate Schools, Phds.org – The Education Index at PhDs.org is the Internet’s premier source of updated, clear educational data about undergraduate and graduate programs in the United States. We use publicly available numbers from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), and strive to present them in a simple and easy-to-digest way.